This morning I made the ECD Blueberry Peach Cobbler Smoothies for John and munchkin. For this recipe, I pretty much stayed true to the recipe:
• 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
• ½ cup / 120 ml skim milk
• ½ cup / 120 ml blueberries
• 1 sliced peach
• ½ cup / 120 ml plain, nonfat yogurt
• 1 tsp / 5 ml Sucanat (you can replace this with Stevia or honey)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and purée. You may need to pulse a few times.
- If mixture is too thick, slowly add more skim milk and blend to desired thickness.
This recipe was super easy to throw together into the blender. I did use frozen blueberries and peaches to make the smoothie nice and cool. I didn’t add the sweetener to my version and it was perfect for me. John did add some Stevia to his version and was fine with his. Munchkin thought hers was a little too thick so I will thin it with a little more milk next time. A little different twist for each person.
Considering that I had the family birthday BBQ to go to in the afternoon, it was great to start the day with a healthy breakfast!
(And yes, I had munchkin try a taste via a shot glass. Hey, it is small and it fits her hands easily! I wanted to make sure she liked it before I made her a full smoothie.)