Morning workout: Chalean Extreme Burn intervals + Extreme Abs (60 minutes total). Took a little extra time in my workout as Bug’s school is having a 2 hour late start due to some snow.
Going to work on the couch for an hour before heading in. Just a light dusting but there was mention a possibility of freezing rain
Meanwhile, I’ve decided that when Chalean Extreme is over, I want to go back to evening strength workouts with John. I miss those. Maybe I’ll leave cardio and stretching to the mornings. As I’m starting week 3 of the last phase of CLX, the switch to evening weights might need to wait till the new year. Half marathon training doesn’t start till the end of Feb so I have 2 months of playing with the workouts to see if I can find something that works for the both of us.
After my presentation today, I was talking to a type A business woman who was full of opinions on how to run her business. She is about 6 ft in height and towered over my 5 ft. 2” person. She was explaining what her plans were and why I should see her point of view.
All I could see was a huge booger that she had in her right nostril. And as I had to look up at her to make eye contact, it was all I could do to not focus on it.
Then my co-worker got pulled into the conversation (who is also rather tall) so I’m stuck in the middle of these two while trying not to focus on the booger. The time ticked by slooooowly!
I later met up with the co-worker and apologized for pulling her into the conversation and she said “I could barely focus on her words with that bogey hanging from her nose!” At least she didn’t have the same view as I had!
- I left my nice steaming hot mug of tea on my kitchen counter (meaning I left my caffeine at home).
- It was 59 degrees in my office when I got in. The temp is now at 64.7. Did I mention I spent a day in a cold house yesterday? I didn’t really mean to repeat the experience at work today. Poor Bug’s school had a burst pipe so the heat is off in all the common areas like the cafeteria and library. Her classrooms are supposed to have heat though.
- I’m in a lot of misery today (ala women problems) and about ready to pop some Midol. And slap any stupid people that come across my path today.
- We are supposed to get an inch of snow tonight/tomorrow morning. Sure, why not.
- I have a meeellllioooon things to do that aren’t work related and am really having a hard time focusing on work. So of course I have a monthly presentation to folks at 3:30 today.
- I’m sure a run will help. Maybe a 30 minute walk on the treadmill tonight. I missed my soccer game last night and I know I’m overdo for some hard cardio. Hopefully I’ll still have the energy when I get home tonight.
This has been a post/whine/vent.
No workout this morning. After about 4.5 hours sleep Saturday night (due to dead furnace) and going to bed at 11:30 last night, I was dead tired. I got up at the same time I’m usually finishing my workout and heading to the shower.
Hopefully I can get my workout in after a call with John. He’s 3 hours ahead of me so we try to chat as soon as Bugs is in bed.
Ah, but waking up to a warm house…can you blame me for wanting to sleep in?
4th in line for the heater tech. Keep your fingers crossed that the people before us go quickly.
All I want for Christmas is a working furnace!
Why is it that 52 degrees outside is a nice temp for a walk but flipping freezing when it’s inside your house?
Can’t feel my toes even with fluffy socks and slippers on.
John is going to make an apple pie so we have a reason to have the oven on. This means the calories don’t count, right?
Furnace guy coming this afternoon. At least he said today and not tomorrow.
Going to put about 3 more layers of clothes on. I’ll look like Ralphie from “The Christmas Story” where I can’t put my arms down.